I know I've said it before, and I know I'll say it a 13598613 more times before November, but I'm so ready for Fall!! Plain. And. Simple!! I'm sick of the hot. Fall fashion is just FLAT. OUT. BETTER. Its T-minus 9 days until all things pumpkin spice fill drink menus and the grocery store shelves. I'm sick of the hot. Boots are the most comfortable shoes ever! The colors of the changing leaves are so beautiful. And I'm so sick of the hot!!
This week I've started packing for our move... The first thing I said to Blake was, "I'll start with our winter clothes, there's no way we'll need them in the next month..." My train of thought after that was: "That makes me so sad," then, "I wish we were the type of people that packed away our Winter clothes in the Summer and our Summer clothes in the Winter," and then, I rationalized with myself about how that wouldn't work for us, specifically because of how many of our Summer clothes are utilized as layering pieces to our Fall and Winter wardrobes!!
That led me to visualize like every Winter outfit I could possibly wear with my new Summer pieces and THIS ONE was my favorite!! I immediately knew I had to capture some photos and tell you why this look just WORKS!!
The reasons I chose this tank as the featured item:
1) The pattern of the shirt isn't floral, so that's an automatic plus for season transitions!
2) Its lined on the inside, adding a little bit of thickness to the already double layered peplum!
3) It has a very structured silhouette, something that's characteristic of Winter styles, as opposed to the very loose and flowy Summer styles.
4) The color is neutral, allowing it to be easily paired with the darker colors associated with the colder months!
Note: Even if this particular top isn't exactly your style, or is out of your price range, these are still applicable guidelines you can use when out shopping for yourself!
For Summer, you could wear this tank however you would like: casually with some nude flats, or jazzed up with a pop-of-color heel! But for Fall/Winter, it will serve a very specific role: the bottom layer!! :)
Here, I've paired it with one of my favorite sweaters!! Honestly, any sweater that's fluffy, oversized, cozy, slouchy, comfy, etc. is my kind of sweater!!! The "coziness" of this sweater adds a fairly casual feel to this outfit. You might like the look of a slightly thinner sweater better, but you won't find any of those in my closet LOL!! Then, I added the ripped jeans and booties to continue the casual theme.
Just pair the ensemble with your favorite Fall/Winter bag and you're golden!! This look would even be great with a preppy cardigan or blazer for a more polished look!! And the best part about this outfit is that this amazingly versatile top is on sale right now for $59.99 HERE!
Notes to take shopping:
1) Look for Summer tops that are neutral or have patterns that aren't too season-specific!
2) Maybe try to find a something with a little more shape/structure to serve as a good under-layer!
3) Think about what sweaters/cardigans/blazers are in your Winter wardrobe while you plan to purchase Summer basics!
4) These tips will work for dresses and pants too, though I might would go with other colors for those - both navy and gray are good colors for both Summer and Fall/Winter.
I hope transitioning comes a little easier for you this year with the help of this one, simple outfit idea! I also hope to have plenty more for you as the cooler months get closer and closer!!
Have a wonderful rest of your week, and I'll see you back here on Saturday evening for my first makeup collaboration blog post!!! Get excited to hear all about my experience with, and thoughts on LipSense!!
Love you all!!